Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Flight of Fancy

 I ran to the craft store the other day to pick up some supplies for a baby headband that a friend asked me to make.  Of course, I always get sidetracked and bought WAY more than I needed. One of my purchases was this fun metallic/twine trim that I just had to have in gold and silver. Isn't it pretty? I also was drooling over the Heidi Swapp Minc line and decided to make my own foil-esque card.  I decided to go with a piece of metallic paper to die cut the butterflies and sentiment. It is so nice and sturdy; perfect for sentiments like this.
 I also diecut the butterflies in white card stock and then embossed the images in gold over the top. I love how they turned out!  I played around with some embossed vellum butterflies as well, but they didn't make the cut on this card. They may, however, make their way into a future design.  You can see in this photo how I attached the embossed butterflies askew from the gold ones rather than lined up. I really like the fun, whimsical feel it gives the card as well as a little more visual movement. The sentiment and gold butterflies were attached using foam squares for added dimension.
 The finishing touch was a few gold/black striped sequins which also made their way into my cart as well as the fun trim! Thanks for fluttering by!



No comments: