Monday, February 16, 2015

You are just plane cute!

 First birthdays; the most epic of all birthdays!  Today's card was made in honor of a super cute 1 year old who just happens to live next door! He is such a sweetie and I wanted to make a little card to go with his gift to celebrate his special day.   They really have a passion for airplanes at their house, so I thought I would incorporate one into my design. I also chose this particular sentiment because of the part that says "Enjoy the Ride". I knew that it would be easy to add a "vehicle" of some sort and in this case, an airplane.  The plane image is from the "Little Hot Rods" set from PTI and has a coordinating die cut.




 I stamped this diagonal line image to represent a candle. I then added a star for the flame and added some sparkly stickles for some shine. I didn't have any intention of covering the candle up, but in the course of design, it just looked best to place it there.  





 The background was embossed using a cuttlebug embossing folder that I have had for years, but it really is a classic.  I added a little bit of blue bakers twine to the side for some extra detail and texture.



Of course since the cute little recipient is so adorable, I just had to add one of the coordinating sentiments with another airplane to the inside.  A few clouds finish it up and all I have to do is wait for the stickles to dry!  Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super Cute and I love the bold colors!

BA Vella said...

very cute card! Perfect for a young boy!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card! I love this!

jan metcalf said...

Just plane cute!