Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Scatter Love

ETA: In my excitement to share today's project, I totally forgot to mention anything about the box itself. I will add details below!Welcome to day #4 in my Valentines series!  While Valentine's Day is all about love, sometimes it can be a little tricky when trying to give a little gift to EVERYONE in your life. I wanted to make a little something for Emma's teacher and the Principal, but most of my sentiments included in my Valentine's Day sets seemed a little too lovey.  I knew I was going to be using this large heart die so as I was getting it out, I started looking at the sentiments that were included. Yay! We found a winner. I think it is perfect, actually!  Teaching seems to definitely be a labor of love,   







 I have been using the same paper on a lot of my projects so I decided to look in my stash for some Valentine paper and was quite thrilled and surprised to find all of the scraps from my banner I have hanging on my mantel. It was perfect for this project and I literally almost used every last piece.   I used a different piece of patterned paper for each panel of the box and lid.

I have made boxes like this a lot in the past. This particular box is 2 1/2 inches on all sides and is 6 inches high. The lid is scored 1/8 of an inch bigger at each measurement to allow room for it to fit and go around all of the patterned paper.

 The heart was die cut from the last possible piece I had that was large enough and thank goodness it was double sided so I used it for the frame as well. Yay for me!  I didn't have enough to make the words the same but I made it work. I actually felt such a sense of accomplishment for using it all up.







I stamped the sentiments directly onto the heart using the die cut for placement in gold ink. I stamped the "wherever you go" portion onto a premade piece using black ink,  You can see I used a tiny felt flower that I made in different places on each box. For some reason because of the color change in the die cut, it made a difference.






The heart embellishment is adhered to the doily and then the whole focal piece is hotglued to the lid. I tied two different ribbons together into a bow and then hotglued them onto the box. I added a metallic button for some shine.






The sequins are the finishing touch "scattered" across the front. I realized after I was done that these are almost the same colors I used on their Christmas gifts, too. Oh well...they'll just think I REALLY like them. LOL! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I am loving your Valentine projects and have been inspired each day. Did you make the box or was it a premade box that you covered in papers and embellishments?

Miriam Prantner said...

These are just amazing, so many details! I am starting to feel V-day shame!