Sunday, February 1, 2015

Oh, How I LOVE you...I really do!

Love is in the air!  My darling son asked me the other day,"Who got hearts everywhere?" in reaction to all of the decorating in the house that I had done! I'm not sure he quite understands Valentine's Day, yet.  I have lots of plans for making even more hearts everywhere and have decided to do a "14 days of Valentines" series here as well as on Thimbles and Thread , I will post a project each day either here or there. If I have a post on Thimbles and Thread, I will link it here if you want to check those out as well.


 I have so many fun ideas swirling around in my head, but decided to start the month out with a card.  This one is for my one and only daughter. She is 11 and has developed quite an attitude as I'm sure all of you mothers of girls can relate to.  I decided to remind her how much I love her. She is my little princess; always and forever!  All of the stamps and dies are from PTI and are from a variety of sets: Heart Prints, Just the Ticket, One of the Boutique Border sets...forgot the name, and Postmark.




The papers are from Hobby Lobby that I picked up last year for a new banner, but that didn't happen so there they were waiting to be used this year! Yay!  I added lace, sequins, hearts, ribbon and doilies...the epitome of Valentine's Day! I used to love putting my Valentines box together each year to take to school. Doing projects like that probably led to my love for all things crafty!

Thanks for fluttering by! Stay tuned for a new project tomorrow! Now...I'm off to watch the Superbowl! My husband was aghast that I was blogging instead of watching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Cynthia M said...

This card is so gorgeous! Love all the lace and little touches and it all coordinates so well. You'll have to let us know if a beautiful card helps with those tween girl attitudes. :) It seems like just yesterday she was a 4 year old Princess!