Monday, January 19, 2015

Happy Brrrrr-thday!

 Hello! It's me just popping in to let you know I'm not dead. I am, in fact, quite alive and have been having a lot of fun crafting, creating, cooking, and keeping busy being a mom to my 5 amazing kids! It is crazy, it is hectic, but it is ALWAYS an adventure!

 I thought this card was fitting for the recent weather we are having! I know it seems insane, but I give thanks almost daily for the snow and winter!I love it! I have been taking advantage of cozy fires, warm sweaters and frequent cups of hot cocoa to stave off any inkling of the winter blues trying to creep in. In fact, I realize that spring is closer than it seems every time I pass the pots of bulbs I have in the garage that are slowly forcing their green leaves through the dirt.


 For today's card I used a fun little set from PTI that I purchased last year, but USED it a ton this year with my Christmas gifts. I also used a snowflake set from PTI as well. I completely fell in love with this sled image and coordinating dies.

 The circle image was embossed using the wood grain background from PTI as well. I really liked giving it a little texture that mimicked the feel of the sled.




 I always love the feel a doily can add, especially in conjunction with the snowflakes; delicate and lacy! I also stamped a piece of vellum to lay over the printed music pattern paper for some extra whimsy and detail.



The jingle bell is probably my favorite part; sparkly and cheery! I bought an assortment from Hobby Lobby and had a lot of fun adding them to lots of holiday projects! I'm really kind of sad that the holidays are over and jingle bells are no longer necessary. Oh well, it will be here before we know it!

At least there is Valentine's Day, which I love, right around the corner and I am so excited to get some fun projects put together. My little Rowan will be 5 tomorrow and I have been planning his "Thomas the Tank Engine" party. Valentine's projects can wait...little boys who are growing up too fast get TOP priority! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Simply fabulous! Enjoy those 5 kiddos of yours :)

yvette said...

I have missed seeing your posts but I am glad you are enjoying those kiddos of yours. Great card and take care

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

BA Vella said...

Yay! She's baaack :) I've missed your posts but know you have your hands full. Love your card and I bought that same stamp set because of that sled!