Sunday, May 4, 2014

Thank You, Teacher!

 This week has been incredibly long and extremely exhausting, but teacher appreciation week starts tomorrow whether I am ready or NOT! I spent the day on Friday visiting local businesses collecting donations for the teachers at our school, I have been working on teacher gifts for each of the teachers for the PTA and now it is finally time for me to focus on my daughter's amazing teacher.  I had remembered that this bike set had a teacher thank you sentiment in it as well as some apples that you could include in the basket.  I really wanted to veer away from my traditional color scheme and overall look that I tend to use for my teacher appreciation cards as well as the end of the year.



 This color scheme just screams spring to me! I love it! I have had this paper pack for awhile and I always love using it.  I die-cut the bike, clouds and the word "teacher". Once I had all of those elements cut, it was easy peasy lemon squeezy to put it all together! I know that I have made similar...if not identical cards before.  Like I mentioned, I have been short on time! LOL!
 I had an apple left over from the other project I was working on, so I added it as well. I normally don't stick gigantic apples trailing from a small bike, but I really didn't care because I liked it.   I also really like the sentiment that I added to the inside. It is probably better suited to a "romantic" card, but I thought it actually fit for a teacher, strangely enough. Emma's teacher has been incredibly kind and patient with my emotional daughter! LOL! I can't say I didn't warn her, though.
  Actually, I guess I probably need to back up a bit, too. This year, the PTA has come up with the theme "Out of all the teachers in History, you are the best! Cute, huh? So...each day we can give the teachers something for the daily theme. Tomorrow we are to be like the Romans and help build our teachers supplies. Well....I haven't made it to the store to do that, so I will be including a gift card and some candy. Much easier and then she can get what she likes.

This poor picture was taken on my mantel with the overhead light which washed it out, but you can get the idea.

You can see the little berry crate and tag that I will package everything up in. I will take a picture when it is all done and add it here tomorrow. I just really wanted to get a head of the game. Hopefully, I can keep my momentum and have things posted a day ahead of time. Thanks for fluttering by and for all of you teachers out there, thanks for all you do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the card is amazing. Who makes the bike die? It is so cute! Loved it all.

Judi Farr said...

I love everything you make and I'm so happy when I see that you've posted something. It's amazing what you accomplish with so little time these days. Kelly, who makes the stamp set that you stamped on the tag with the bird and the great sentiment?

Tanya said...

hahaha, I love it. I'm guessing your daughter is close to the same age as mine because that would suit our teacher perfectly! :)

katrynka said...

Your cards are always amazing!