Friday, May 9, 2014

I'd Flip Out without you, Teacher! and a WINNER!!!!

 Before I get started with the last and final project for Teacher Appreciation week, let me announce the WINNER! I had my cute Rowan draw the name and since there were only 6 to choose from it was easy. Miriam Prantner....you are the winner! Email me your address to kellyrory1@msn.com and I will get your blog candy mailed out to you! Thanks for the sweet comment! I am sure you all want to know which book it was, too. I think I may have misled some of you and it was not my intent....the book I used was simply for display and photo purposes, not to actually give to the teacher. The book is "The complete works of Jane Austen Volume 3". It is such a pretty book and I knew it would showcase the bookmark nicely.


 Okay...for Friday, we could pick anything we wanted to give the teacher. The dollar store and I have been friends this week and I saw this fun hibiscus print tote bag and decided to use it for the "container" for her gift. I got her a water bottle, raspberry crystal light stuff, gum, and some yummy lotion and shower gel from Bath and Body Works. I thought the flip flop theme would be cute and a reminder that summer is JUST AROUND THE CORNER! Yay! I made a cute pillow box using the PTI die and embellished it with this fun flip flop stamp set and coordinating die, also from PTI. I put the gum in here. I am slightly worried that she might be misled with the sentiment and think there is a gift card to a spa or something inside! LOL!




 For the tag, which could double as a bookmark if she wanted, I simply die cut 3 pairs of flip flops. I added some stickles to the top and bottom pair for some shine.  I thought the sentiment was cute for a teacher, too. The colors I chose are Barely Banana, Tempting Turquoise and Cameo Coral. Fun, fresh and tropical! Makes me want to be on a beach somewhere!  Each pair is layered on a circle in the coordinating cardstock and then they are all layered on Kraft cardstock. Kindof reminds me of a sandy beach.



Here you can see it all tied up on the bag, ready to go! My daughter's teacher keeps telling her all week it has felt like Christmas! I am glad she is feeling loved! That was my intent and I REALLY hope she doesn't think we are brown nosing! I would have done that a LONG time ago, if that is what I wanted to do. I just like themes and fun things to do. Don't give me a theme and not expect me to run with it! LOL!

If you haven't had a chance to participate in Teacher Appreciation week, you could use any of these ideas for the end of year. That is coming up in just a few short week, so now I am really going to have to get creative and think outside the box! Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

lisa808 said...

Totally adorable! The PTI Flip Flop set has been on my wishlist.

katrynka said...

Great fun! Love all the colors and the flip flops!

Anonymous said...

Clever and so cute. Flip Flops are so sweet!

yvette said...

Love this stamp set and everything you made with it is adorable

customized gifts for him said...

It's so beautiful, I really like your good idea, thank you for sharing.
gifts for mom ideas
homemade gifts for dad from daughter
best new baby gifts