Tuesday, January 28, 2014

You make my heart smile!

 Hello Friends! It is really embarrassing that the last time I blogged was for Parent Teacher Conferences. Well guess what we have tonight? You guessed it; Parent Teacher Conferences! I absolutely love my daughter's teacher so I love to show up with something special for her.  Today's project is small but sweet.I have made little boxes like this before and they are some of my favorites. You can see what I did here. It is funny...they are almost the same colors and everything. I love these boxes because they fit a 3 by 3 card inside perfectly. For the box I am showing you today, I filled it with Dove chocolate hearts. It was the perfect size; I was actually surprised at how many chocolates fit inside.

 You can see the side view better here before I added the ribbon. You can omit the ribbon if you'd like.  I strategically placed the focal circle with foam squares so that I could slide the ribbon on easily.  Sometimes with smaller projects we might tend to leave off some of the details. Most of the time I leave off the smaller details because I am pressed for time, but in this case, I took some extra time to thread my buttons, etc.


The stamp set that I used is a small frame set from PTI. I can't remember which number, but I used the coordinating dies as well. I also used nestabilities to create my box. I am sure in my link above, I talked about it a bit more. If anyone would like a tutorial, I would love to put one together. Also, just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I haven't been creating. I have some projects from Christmas that I can share it you would like. Just leave a comment and I will get them posted. Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. My little baby is not so little anymore and just turned 4 months on January 25th.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love directions for the box. I know you're a busy mommy but I love your work and would love to see your Christmas creations! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Love the box and the card both. I loved the other one too, one of my favorite sets with the buttons. Your son has the cutest eyes and smile and I love his hair! My niece loved (DID I SAY LOVED!!!) her shoes! We are still waiting for Ashley Rose!

Janice Rosenthal Rock said...

I want to see EVERYTHING you've made!! I've been checking your blog every couple of days, since your last post, hoping to find more wonderful "stuff"!!

BA Vella said...

So glad to see you posting again! The box is a very cute idea and who doesn't love chocolate! Would love to see everything else you have made between then and now…you always give such inspiration. And that baby is adorable!

Amy Rohl said...

Just beautiful, my friend! I always smile when I get notification of a new blog post from you! Your little guy is growing too fast and so darn cute!

Jan said...

It's nice to see you blogging again. I love your work and would like to see anything that you've made! This little box is just perfect for its purpose. And, what a sweet baby boy; his hair sure makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

I love your creativity and also check your blog often to see if there is anything new posted! Always love to see what you have created. By the way, I would also love to know where you got the pattern for the adorable baby shoes you make!

katrynka said...

Always love to see anything you make!! Cute baby:)