Sunday, November 10, 2013

Happy Birthday to you!

 A while back, I started buying as many cute gift sacks at the dollar store that I could find.  Once I had them, I would make cards to coordinate with them. Once I was done making the card, I would slide it inside the flat bag and set them both aside until I needed them. I had the intention of not photographing the card until I was ready to give it and then post them here. Well....life has a way of making other plans. Between moving and having a baby and losing ALL of my digital photos from the last 5 years or so, things have been hard.  We were able to recover the last batch of photos from both cameras, but that was all. I have been sick inside. I won't bore you with any more details of that, but I was able to recover these photos so I thought I would share them with you. Would I rather have some precious photos of my kids rather than something for my blog.....ABSOLUTELY YES!!, but here it is anyway.
 
 




 I loved the colors of the gift bag and the cute little bird. I had just recently bought this bird stamp from PTI and it was perfect. I had a lot of fun recreating some of the fun glittery details from the gift sack as well as the fun colors. I really like making this fun challenge for myself. I just went to the dollar store and bought 4 more bags to make cards for.

I love the dimension that you can achieve using the diecuts that go with this cute bird set. I have only used it the once, but I can tell it will be a favorite. I also added some die cut felt ric-rac which I Love to make. 


My baby is doing really good and he is growing so fast! I will keep you posted with fun pictures.  This is him at 6 weeks which was last Wednesday! Thanks for fluttering by!! P.S. I have been working on a fun teacher ensemble this afternoon that I am planning on giving to Emma's teacher at Parent Teacher conferences on Wednesday. I will share it with you when I am done!

2 comments:

espnsportstv said...

Happy Birthday! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!

harrahx2 said...

He is getting so big. He has the most beautiful eyes. I know you have your hands full. I always try to send off pictures to Snapfish for printing right away when they have a sale. That way, I have at least one hard copy. They store my pictures when I upload them too. I can imagine how heart breaking it is to lost so much! Sending a hug and I love the bag/card match! Adorable idea.